Your body can do more than you give it credit for.
Man, I love this body positive message! This just proves that you should never make judgements about someone’s health based on their weight, and should never put your body down when it can do so many amazing things.
That’s a lot faster than me!
Shoutout to all the punk kids who hardly ever went to shows because they lived too far away
Shoutout to all the punk kids who were afraid to go to shows because of an unsafe environment
Shoutout to all the punk kids who didn’t have the money or resources to be…
So tell me. How far can I walk on my own at night? How many metres, exactly, can I walk unaccompanied without having to fear for my life?
How many drinks am I, an adult woman, allowed to have after work on Friday night before being dismissed as a “party girl” or “asking for it”? How high can my heels be, and how short a skirt can I wear, before being implicated in any crime against me? And, just so that I’m clear, how many metres can I walk to get myself home?
And if something happened to me, how harshly would I be judged? If I vanished on that walk to my front door, what would you have to say about me? Would I be tut-tutted at for not accepting the offer of an escort home? Would idiots take to Facebook to admonish me for supposedly leading some guy on?
Would do-gooders and commentators and Twitterati-types take my parents to task for not raising me to act sensibly? Would they lambast my friends and lovers for not taking adequate care of me? Would everyone in my life suffer because I exceeded my allocated metres of solo walking?
Would every media outlet in the country view my disappearance as an opportunity to point out that, as it happens, women have more to fear in our world than men?
Would you, quietly, at the back of your mind, think that if I’d just stayed home with my partner, like a good wife and woman, none of this would have happened to me?
Are you just looking for one big, smug fucking excuse to say that you told me so?
And just so that we’re absolutely fucking clear, how many metres am I allowed to walk on my own at night?
omg you guize! we are so excited about all our followers - there are almost 900 of you! we want to show our love and appreciation so we’re doing a giveaway!
rules of da game:
- you must follow fuckyeahfatvegans. duh.
- unfortunately only continental united states only. postage ain’t cheap, but it’s pretty necessary.
- reblogs only. we don’t really care how much because we’re using a random generator to find the winner.
- if there’s anything you don’t want, just let us know and we won’t send it.
- the giveaway ends february 17th.
here’s what we got:
- 1 zebra print hankie
- 1 bottle of aveda hand cream and foot cream
- 4 Medusa loose eye dust (colors: atlantis, fascination, wasabi, blow)
- 1 cannister of Osmanthus Oolong tea
- 1 container of chrysanthemum tea
- 5 pairs of gold tone bird earrings
- 1 silver tone deer necklace
- 1 wiggly fish keychain
- 1 container of handmade sugar scrub (ingredients: sugar, safflower oil, lavender, camomomile)
- 2 sheets of puppy and kitten stickers
- 2 handmade recycled paper books
- 1 fish print
- 1 bird print
- 2 zines
- 13 political buttons
- 1 small glitter jar
- 2 packs of incense (triloka brand, lemongrass and coconut)
- 1 bottle of ylang ylang essential oil
AND THERE’S MORE
- 1 original hand drawn hella fly eagle illustration by nastyxvx
- 1 original hand sewn hella fly cross stitch by ragn
give away reminder! get excited!
only 5 more days until the give-away closes! reblob while you can!